For the latest this week:
• Do you know that Mocha Uson, PCOO Assistant Secretary, is expected to grace the Bayanihan 2017 Festival? Also, The Filipino Channel is expected to bring in Jaya, the Soul Diva to sing to the crowd.
• Nominations will soon open for the OFW Bayani Awards that will recognize exemplary OFWs in the UAE. The awards body will look into the OFW who is a hero to his/ her family, one who has selflessly served the community, one who has inspiringly hurdled odds or worked hard to move up and succeed in his/ her career as an OFW, among other criteria.
• To date, two groups from Davao and Cebu will walk their elaborate costumes during the Parade of Fiestas. Groups from other parts of the Philippines are invited to register and generously share their fiesta tradition for the audience to witness.
• Filipino disk jockeys excel in international competitions and they will share the evolution of their entertaining talents to the audience during the Class of Deejays.
• The Pinoy Battle of the Bands is branded Tunog Acoustic. With an open category, Filipino bands are encouraged to register early and not miss the eliminations deadline.
• Several Christmas Lanterns, to be received from the Parol-making competition, will adorn the Dubai Trade Center for that colorful feel of Christmas. Individuals, companies or groups can participate and submit their Christmas Parols.
• The mechanics for the other Bayanihan 2017 competitions will be added to the Filclub Facebook page as they become ready. Each competition welcomes varying sets of participants which could be individuals and/ or groups specific to the requirements of the competition. Groups could be from the organizations, schools, Churches and companies.
• As part of the Bayanihan 2017 Festival preparations, the event volunteers and leaders gathered at Consul General Paul Raymond Cortes’ residence for the photoshoot headlined “Tara na, sakay na tayo!” with Little Manila’s jeepney highlighting the message.
In another note, the Philippine Consulate in Dubai will be welcoming PCOO Secretary Martin Andanar on Sunday, 22nd October 2017 who will be in town to meet and talk with the Filipino community.
For more details about the Bayanihan 2017 Festival, check the social media hashtag #Bayanihan2017Dubai or visit Filclub Dubai and Northern Emirates on Facebook.
And lastly, with Bayanihan being about numbers of the more the merrier, Filclub urges the Filipino community to share the Bayanihan news to their Filipino friends by sharing the #Bayanihan2017Dubai posts on social media.